What to wear this Christmas party season
Well, its that time of year again. Time for the annual Christmas party, time to get together with friends and family and time to paint the town red and maybe green and white too because, you know, those are the colours of Christmas! I love this time of year because its when we can all let loose and party but, more than that, I love any excuse to dress up and this is the perfect season for it. In this article I look at some fantastic fashion tips that can help you pull off a great look this Christmas period. If youre stuck for ideas or youre unsure how to dress in style this season, then worry no more just read on!
Tip 1: Dont get overwhelmed there are exactly 7 key fashion trends this seasonIt is so easy to get lost in the noise out there. The fashion industry is huge and can be quite overwhelming sometimes when you are trying to keep up with the latest trends. Save yourself the headache, as there are exactly 7 key trends to be aware of this season. So which trends to embrace when it comes to Christmas outfits for women ?
- Go for embellishment from a dress with embellished neckline (shiny diamonds or pearls on a delicate sheer) to dresses fully covered with beautiful beadings or just an embellished clutch bag to spice up a classic little black dress outfit. There are so many ways to embrace the embellished trend;
- Opt in for the playful alternative the embroidery We have seen it everywhere, on dresses, bombers, jackets, jeans. And it is here to stay next season as well;
- Fall in love with the velvet The fluffy fabric made its big come back this year. From classic black to bright yellow, purple just imagine how beautiful and classy look you can pull in a long velvet gown this Christmas;
- Some call it off-the shoulder, cut-outs or bardot in a nutshell its all about showing some skin;
- Outshine the competition probably the most festive trend, the shimmering sequins or as someone calls it the metallic trend. You can never go wrong with a glittery, sparkly evening dress. Look for Gold or Champagne or Silver colours;
- Wear a large, oversized coat (tartan or animal print). Another trendy option are the capers stylish yet not warm enough in my opinion;
- Think Chocker!!! this accessory overtook the stage in a storm. There are so many chockers out there. Pretty much for every outfit from party mini to floor-sweeping gown.